Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I just had to post this...

...without permission from Jezebel. Quoted for truth.

Dear Democratic Senator:

Fuck you in the ear. Oh, wait - in the spirit of discourse I will acknowledge that opening was rude. Let me try again.

Why do you hate my freedom? Or better yet, not my freedom but my right to be healthy in order to exercise these freedoms we are allegedly protecting?

Admittedly, I'm not too thrilled with any of these weak sauce health care plans - this government option is like the Diet Coke Zero of health care reform. Or maybe some stank-ass Axe body spray when we really just need some good deodorant and nice soap. However, it's all we got. I don't mind if you are voting against the public option with another plan that doesn't involve us all bum rushing the ER whenever we need service. Perhaps you have a plan up your sleeve to sneak all 44 million of us across the Canadian border and bootleg us some fake health care cards. I'm fine with this plan - I was just in Canada and was highly tempted to orchestrate a fall down some stairs just so I could see a doctor. If I was really lucky, maybe I could crack a tooth and share my American sob story with a dentist so I can stop these horrible twinges in my teeth. No wonder all our bald eagles moved to Canada - I saw more in three days there than I have in my entire life here. Some symbol of America they are - I'm sure they've all applied for citizenship in Canada as well. If the insurance companies counted DDT poisoning as a pre-existing condition, I don't blame them for leaving us.

But I digress.

I must say, I am concerned at your blanket dismissal of any public option. I am considering writing my next letter to Rahm Emmanuel, because the people's elbow needs to make a dramatic come back on the congressional floor. At any rate, I do hope you reconsider your positions on the public option. If not, we may be forced to come to your office and steal your health care cards along with your identity. After all, Montana, North Dakota, and Arkansas are all much closer than Canada.

Yours in reform,

Latoya Peterson

No comments: